Tuesday 9 August 2011

Fluorescent - Magpie 77


I touched your hand
you smiled and turned your head
your eyes drove straight through me
moths circled the verandah light.

From the street we must have looked like lovers
from where I sat I was merely hoping
your skin glowed in the luminous light
heat poured in from the recently disappeared day

Inside the house your mother called your name
I knew you wanted more than conversation
you leant back on the ledge beside me
a car horn sounded in the street

You flicked your hair, I avoided your gaze
I see your shoes are blue
I hold my breath you turn and tilt your head
the fluorescent light flickersMore Magpie tales click here or on the magpie stamp



14 comments:

Erratic Thoughts said...

I loved the emotion that you have captured from the image...
Both hesitant to do anything more than a conversation...

You have considered small details of the night so accurately...
Very well written...

Mary said...

Lovely take on the Magpie prompt. Well done ... captured the mood vey well.

Everyday Goddess said...

A gentleman or perhaps uninterested.

Either way, I like this magpie.

Lyn said...

I like the anticipation in this and also perhaps some trepidation..yet the emotion is under the skin..good.

Maude Lynn said...

"From the street we must have looked like lovers
from where I sat I was merely hoping"

Excellent.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the "moment" Steve. It reminded me of another one...

sarah toa said...

Gorgeous

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

amazing composition.wow.

Trellissimo said...

So Ma was behind the green door, eh? lol

Tess Kincaid said...

Lovely anticipation!

Steve Isaak said...

Indelible images and mood - excellent.

Tumblewords: said...

Well captured!

Helen said...

Beautifully written ...

The Blog of Bee said...

Hesitant yet erotic. Nice.