Sunday 11 November 2012

My new camera

Andrea at the Melbourne Craft Festival
 Bought myself a new camera. I wanted something small enough to carry in my pocket but something whcin gives me the option of full manual control. I'm happy with my Canon G12. Unfortunately it hasn't turned me into an instant Cartier Bressan or Eliot Ewitt. I've got a lot to learn. Still it does things my former Panasonic could never do. I can set a wide aperture for narrow depth of field and take shots in low light.
Garden of Eden
Droplet



















It rained this weekend after an extended dry spell here. It was a wonderful to hear the sound of rain on a tin roof after such a long time. The photo of andrea was taken in Melbourne two weeks ago. The green shots were taken at my brother's weekender at Boreen Point on Lake Catharaba north of Brisbane.



2 comments:

Jinksy said...

The close up of those leaves is delicious. New cameras are always a challenge - good luck with getting to grips with yours. :)

Sue J said...

I'm inspired to get my camera out and just snap things in the garden now. I'm not a very prolific photographer.